Wednesday 12 December 2012

Title Planning

For my title, I was influenced by mostly one word titles such as 'Memento', 'Shame' or 'Drive' - titles which have obvious and dramatic connotations. In fitting with the fact that the style of this film as a whole is generally different to the more urban, street-based stories of crime and gangs that British cinema is renowned for, I wanted my title to refer more to the ambiguities of the story and the development of the main character, in particular his questionable morality and the questionable amounts of danger that are placed upon him. Words that came to mind included:

  • Uncertainty
  • Doubt
  • Apparition
  • Illusion
However, I realised that as well as bringing to mind the ambiguities of my story, I also needed the title to have a strong and bold feel that has a more visceral tone. I came up with:
  • 'Disturbed'
a title which, in my opinion, denotes brutality and makes a bold statement about the film and the main character. As well as this, I feel that having a graphic announcing this as a title after the final shots of the film - the character of Frank looking out of his house window at something the audience never see - could also suggest the ambiguities of the film, but in a more tough and dark way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment