Sunday 9 December 2012

Ident Planning

For this trailer, I have decided to raise the bar with regard to how I produce my ident and intend to go beyond simply using a Final Cut Pro graphic template like I did last year. I have decided to play to my strengths and make an ident out of video footage and editing rather than using an advanced computer software, which I am less advanced with. 

Two idents in particular influence me for the kind of ident I want to make, Film District and Miramax:



The Miramax ident in particular is something I think I could replicate - London generally is not a high rise city, though I live fairly near the Canary Wharf district which is the main high rise centre within London, and it would be easy enough for me to get stylish and good quality video footage of the area. This is a still image from video footage I have taken of Canary Wharf in the past with my own camera, and I am hoping that with more time and a better quality camera I will produce an image suitable for my ident.


What I would like for the actual title is for them to fade in while the image itself fades to black - rather than have the title placed in the middle of the shot like Miramax, I am going to place them just above the skyline of the buildings of Canary Wharf.

No comments:

Post a Comment